That’s right, its not Oreo ice cream but soufflé. I came up with this when I needed to prepare a cold dessert in a few hours and didn’t have anything to make it with but milk cream and our favourite biscuits 'Oreo'. It’s not the same as the ice cream but certainly was a sweet treat. Though I’ll admit I had mixed reviews. I hope all those who try, enjoy it too. Let me know your opinion.
½ liter milk
200ml thick cream
5 tbs sugar
1 tbs cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbs cold milk)
1 tbs gelatine (soaked and dissolved in 2 tbs warm water)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 pack Oreo Cream biscuits (crushed into chunks)
- Heat the milk and cream in a thick saucepan. Add the sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Keep stirring to avoid lumps from forming. Beat till it is smooth and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla essence. Allow it to cool down.
- Then add the dissolved gelatine, and beat for 2 minutes by hand.
- Finally add crushed Oreo biscuits, mix and immediately pour into the bowls.
- Keep in the freezer till it is set. Then put in the chiller till ready to serve.