With the summer sun blazing , its time to chill with some healthy drinks to help u sail through the Indian summers. Bottle gourd sounds unusual, but its the perfect cooler in this lemony tangy drink. Its known for its cooling effect in Ayurveda.and its use during summer prevents excessive loss of sodium, quenches thirst and helps in preventing fatigue. Serve it icy cold and enjoy!!
Refreshing Lemon Gourd Cooler
1 small Bottle Gourd (Dodhi in Hindi)
1 cup sugar
½ tsp rock salt (optional)
- Peel the gourd and cut into big pieces.
- Boil these with a little water in a pressure cooker until mushy.
- Add sugar while the gourd is still warm and stir it to melt the sugar.
- Remove into a tall jug and blend it with a hand blender till smooth.
- Add the juice of the lemons.
- Mix chilled water and crushed ice and adjust sugar and lemon to suit your taste. Add rock salt if u are using it.
- Serve with a slice of lemon. Enjoy!