FRESH MANGO ICE CREAM
500 ml full cream milk + 2tbs
100 ml cream
4 tbs sugar
2 tsp custard powder
- Boil the milk and cream in a thick bottomed sauce pan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, then add sugar.
- Boil 5 minutes more, and then gradually add custard powder dissolved in 2 tbs cold milk. Keep stirring the milk all the time to avoid lumping.
- Allow the milk to thicken, then remove from heat and allow it to cool down.
- Peel and cut the mangoes and add to the cool custard milk.
- Using a hand blender liquidize the mixture.
- Use an ice cream maker to make a soft and fresh ice cream (follow the direction of your ice cream maker).
Put in an airtight plastic container (I use the ice cream tubs I save from our previous binges) and freeze for 6 hrs. Once it is partially set remove and again using a hand blender beat it into a soft pulp. Refreeze for at least 6 hrs or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.